Chapter 3

A smaller framed man next to me reaches out his hand, gesturing to shake mine. “Hi, my name is Gramin.”
“Gramin?”
“Yes.” His eyes are sunken into his head, with dark encircling rings beneath them.
“Noah.”
“Noah, it’s nice to meet you.” His hands fidget nervously as his mouth fumbles over words, “I was just wondering if you weren’t going to eat that, I wouldn’t mind having a little of it.”
“Sure, go ahead.” I slide the dish towards him. Perhaps, his sunken darker features are from over medication, his liver and kidneys stressed from the intoxications. 
Bang. Mr. Burley’s husky hand slams on the table, “That’s my food!”  
“Sorry,” Gramin shyly pulls away as Mr. Burley snatches the food away. I should probably ask him his name, but don’t mind the conversations between us remaining nil.